Wednesday, June 13, 2012

All About Me

The name is Shanika, but people call me "SHAI".
I recently graduated from Fulton High School, and I work at Aeropostale in East Town Mall. My hobbies include talking, writing poetry and journalistic pieces, and harassing people. I'm just kidding about that last one! :) The three words I could say define my character are concerned (though I never look it), easily angered, and I am not at all tolerant of stupidity. Everybody who knows me knows those things. In the Fall of this year, 2012, I will be a freshman at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville where I will  major in journalism and Spanish. Why those two majors? I chose those two because journalism is something that I love, and Spanish is something that can greatly help me in that career. 
Now let me tell you a story.......
Once upon a time a little girl asked her daddy what the future was. He told her that it was time years from now. She said "What does it look like?" He said "Whatever you want it to look like" She said "What's in it?" He told her that he could not tell her what it had in it because he did not know. That  her future was different from his. He then told her that the future is made up of dreams. Dreams that did or did not come true. The last thing he said to her about the future was to make it worth looking forward to.
The things that define me are what will make my future bright. 
What will make yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment